Sunday, August 1, 2010

For better or for worse

Well it’s a Sunday night before my parents come back in town and this is the best thing I can think of to do. I’ve already gotten bored of video games, TV, pointless websites, and meaningless texts with friends. So I sat my lazy ass down (I saw this because I did contemplate working out) and decided to write a blog. Not really for the intention of writing a blog but so I don’t go completely insane. So here it is, an update on my less than ordinary life. Contrary to earlier blogs I am not going back to school, some unanticipated events took places that are hindering my (inadmissible) return to Snow College.

Upon speaking with advisors after my last semester there, when they told me since colleges here in Virginia have the acceptable accreditation that I could transfer credits back to finish my degree, somewhere between there and now they decided to enlighten me to the fact I can’t. In actuality I can transfer my credits, just not the grades accompanying them. And since my dumbass decided to let Neurological Disorders and alcohol keep me from graduation in the first place I have a number of classes left to take in order to finish. On top of that my grade point average is below the substantial grade point average minimum of a whopping 2.0 so I can’t afford to take classes and not raise my GPA.

After three semesters, two summers, and one full time job I realized it was time to go back. I was finally going to grow up and finish what I had started. I decided that I would get loans to pay for school and my parents would help out with living expenses (which I would pay back of course) and I would go in and out as quickly and quietly as possible (much like an extraction mission or term in prison). I was finally mentally and emotionally ready to go back and kick this associate’s ass when my parents sat me down. They told me it was unwise to get into debt and that they weren’t going to help, and wait another year when I would be eligible to receive financial aid. What the fuck is that bullshit! They know how much I hate that school, much less school in general, and how hard it would be to leave my job. It took me that long to decide to go back to school and now you say I shouldn’t go?!
I understand their reasoning, the fact that school or not I’m not doing whit with my life and they don’t want to be 10k down because of it. But still I mean at least let me get myself in debt and spend the rest of my adult life paying it off just like everybody else. It’s ok thought because I probably won’t go back to school and will have somebody to blame for being middle aged, bald, and making 40,000 a year for the rest of my life. Although the aging is inevitable, I will be able to hold the other two over their heads till they reach the point where neither will be able to remember what I’m talking about because “Alzheimer's disease may be passed from parents to children in some people scientists said after finding carriers of a faulty gene are two to three times more likely to have memory problems.” (Rebecca Smith, Medical Editor)

Now that I have entirely digressed from going to school to blaming my parents for balding and memory loss for absolutely no reason I’ll change the subject. Not really a change to a continuation from before my mindless ramblings. What am I going to do now that I’m home for another year? Obviously I will continue working at the job I once loved. Probably continue to live at home because I will live in a financial rut of making a low income and not saving my money. I will probably decide not to go back to school because even if I do achieve the great accomplishment of getting a two year degree I won’t continue on to receive a bachelors. So I guess coming full circle it’s a good thing they kept me from returning? Hmmm………..

No comments:

Post a Comment