Thursday, July 18, 2013

Allow mw to re-introduce myself

Ah yes, the ol' blog. So it been a little over 6 months since I've written on here and been pretty scarce for a while before that one. That being said I think I'm going to try and make this a regular habit to write in here. Although I'm not sure if people still blog anymore, I feel like that was a big fad a few years ago and everybody else moved on except me. I'm like that guy cruisin Myspace, while the rest of the world is on facebook. Either way nobody reads this with the exception of the three people I'll tell when I'm done so it won't make any difference anyway. If that's the case though don't tell me and I'll live in my happy fantasy "blogs are still cool" world and be none the wiser. That being said I would like to re-introduce this blog (in the rare case that somebody other then the said three people stumble across this). Although I don't remember the exact reason I started this blog, it quickly turned into something other then just a blog. When I started it I had just dropped out of college and moved back home with my parents. As much as that sucks in its own right, I had a lot of personal issues that I was going through, and to keep a long story short, life was not good. As I pushed through and lived my day to day life I noticed I was keeping a lot of my anger and feelings inside. Being a guy I'm naturally a tad stubborn and didn't want to admit anything was wrong, I did the best I could to appear happy on the outside and not let anybody know I was miserable on the inside. One of my few confidonts recommended therapy, which I quickly rejected. Well to get back on topic I started a blog, and it didn't take long for me to use it as an outlet for all my pent up emotions. Once I realized I could do that and still not have to actually "tell" people my feelings I was hooked. I was like a 13 year old boy who learned about masturbating, and my emotions were... well I think you get the point. It seems that as I started to feel better and got my life back in order I wrote less as less as it wasn't "needed" to express things I otherwise wouldn't have said. I continued to write periodically but didn't have the same tone it did before. I wasn't venting and defending myself, I was almost grateful and happy. So now I'm at the crossroads of where do I take this blog. I don't need it the way I did before but I want to basically because I like doing it. Maybe it can be a way to keep in better touch with friends that aren't nearby or maybe I'll ramble on about nothing for a few pages, I don't really know. I'm just going to get on here and write whatever these fingers come up with. If you're hoping that after reading these last few minutes that I'm done with the boring part and the good part of the post is coming up you're going to be highly disappointed, that was the good part. This was just a trial run, dusting off the keyboard if you will. Hopefully after writing this I can still log on to my page to post this, if not I'm printing it and sending it out into the ocean in a bottle. This was just precursor, the boring part of the book that tells you what's going to happen in the book while actually telling you noting at all and you wished you hadn't read it but did anyway, ya that's what this as. At least you got it out of the way and know that from here on out I will actually have something interesting to read and not just me explaining stuff you didn't care about, and for that I say I'm sorry.

2 comments: