Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Its in your hands now

Here I am again, writing with no agenda except trying to fulfill my duty and write somewhat frequently. I feel that my posts starting in 2011 haven’t necessarily been anything to brag about but have been somewhat structured and organized with far less random tangents about nothing. So in other words I think it’s getting better. Now all I need is something worth writing about and this will finally be something worth writing in!
It’s the end of March which means spring time baby! I’ve realized that this is my last spring/summer that I will really have before I’m really into the real world and won’t have the luxury of goofing off and doing whatever I want. I’ve saved of almost enough money for the following school year and won’t really have to work extra hard to earn enough. In theory I could make more than enough and save some for the next year but we all know that isn’t very likely. I’m going to have to count on summer jobs and financial aid for that second year, but anyway I digress (much like I said I have done better about not doing). So with that in mind I want to make the most of this and do things I won’t necessarily be able to do as freely after school. My plan is to do everything involving exercise and the outdoors. That means getting back into BMX; which I’ve started by fixing my bike last Sunday and riding a little bit every day since (a whole 3 days). I want to go boating a lot, kayaking, canoeing, and jet skiing; even though that really isn’t exercise I still want to do it. I want to go camping, fishing, shoot guns, and basically live a rednecks dream! Recently the only thing I’ve done recently is come home from work, go to the gym, and then plop my lazy ass on my couch and play my PS3 until I go to bed. Although I still want to continue the gym these last few months of freedom I don’t want to be confining myself to my room when I can be out making the most of what I have doing things I really love.
Another thought I had was making this blog more visitor friendly. When I originally started I said that this blog was for and didn’t give a shit about what anybody else thought about it. Although I still don’t really care what people think of it I do want people to enjoy coming on here. I even did a little research of some popular blogs and came up with two major categories then split into different sections within the two categories. There are the informational and there are user submitted. Informational can be anywhere from a” Do It Yourself”/”How To” to Perez giving you all the latest celeb gossip with his incredibly gay opinions. The user submissions I found were things like FML, Fail blog, and Lamebook (all funny sites that I do recommend) and would like to move towards that area. I don’t necessarily want to try and get the entire world following and submitting but maybe just write a comment to a funny picture weekly or something that the (few) people reading this can write about or send in to at least kill 5 minutes of their day that they didn’t feel was totally wasted. I also don’t want that to be the sole purpose of this and keep me from having to actually do anything to maintain this but just to make it a little bit more exciting. Even if it’s that something you do when you are waiting for a date and are nervously waiting for him to show up and have already looked at all your friends profiles on facebook (twice) and watched way too many stupif but funny videos on youtube and STILL have time to kill. I would like to keep this blog going since I feel it is productive, I just don’t want to continue to write stupid meaningless posts about absolutely nothing. SO as a reader your first assignment is to respond to this with ideas or feedback. Ready, set, GO!

2 comments:

  1. Just try out some of that stuff like try putting on like a comic or something that you found funny on a different site that you want to share. Try out some of the things your talking about. I dont a movie review, progress of fixing up your bike and the steps involved in detail. But seems to be a pattern of wanting to do something different but only baby steps in the direction of change.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah just try random things until you find something you think works good.

    ReplyDelete