Friday, March 12, 2010

Looking up good titles is just to hard now, just be happy I'm writing

What to say….. the possibilities are endless and I have no idea what to talk about. It sucks not having anything going on inside my head it’s always just so empty. At 7-11 I was so zoned out the guy behind me had to ask if I was in line! Guess that’s what happens when you’re tired all the time and have been off and on a bunch of different meds for a while.

In other news my room is still not freakin done! I have all my crap moved to the center of the room so we can paint my “living room” before we get everything settled. I guess I shouldn’t complain because I’m never home anyway and when I am I’m either in bed or on the computer, and I can still do both. Its just not as relaxing coming home and trying to fight through a bookshelf and desk just to get to my computer. Eventually I would like to get it to the point where I could actually have people over and entertain them them. Speaking of entertain my new phone is totally bad ass! I can do so much stuff on it, its like having a mini computer. I know the technology has been around for a while but I just finally have the phone that can do it. I can watch movies on this freakin thing, I don’t know when I would but I can and that’s all I care about.

So once again I’m writing about pointless nonsense and still haven’t come up with anything good to write about. That’s probably why I stopped writing in the first place because I had some sort of writers block. That’s not really the case though because if I were to write a book or screen play I would rock. I have so much weird ides going through this dome I could come up with a decent story, it’s the actual writing it down and editing and rewriting and making the story flow and follow itself that I don’t have the time or patience for. So instead I write a blog and yet nothing comes to mind. Maybe I should start writing short stories or something. I don’t know what purpose that would serve exceot that if they were so good they might read it in middle schools 100 years after I die.

Speaking of middle school, that is the dumbest thing ever. Every single class is a pre something to a class you will take in high school. Pre algebra, biology, even the electives are that way too. The history class will be re taught and English is the same every year so that’s obvious. I get the fact they try to prepare you mentally for high school but it fails. You think you’re so big and bad because you have a locker and block scheduling, but you still have recess and field trips. I was so naive back in middle school that high school was a culture shock even though I had seen a lot (or so I had thought). I just think the school system could do a better job or preparing kids. Elementary school all they talk about is what middle school will be like, and in middle school it’s all about preparing for high school. High school is all about preparing you for college. I dropped out of college! So was it all a waste? I’m not entirely sure but instead of focusing so much about what ahead of us why not make it applicable to our current time. Its pretty safe to say that in middle school nobody knows what they are going to be doing for their professional career. Since we don’t know what our future holds and don’t know what calluses will be more practical and which will be of more use, why not tell us why we need it now instead of in 15 years when were working. Back in middle school if you told me I would need (insert any subject here) in my career I would laugh in your face and say “doing what?” If you had told me that instead of preparing me for high school that you were making me a more learned person and that it would help me in my career overall than I could understand. I am definitely not working in the industry that I thought I would be and that’s how it is for a lot of people. Even in college we have to take general study classes. A lot of people (even me for a while) thought that was the dumbest thing ever. If we have a major and are taking classes specifically for that field, why the hell would we still need to take other classes that don’t pertain to our field of study? The simple answer is because you never know what you’re going to do. I was a business major and am now working with electricity. Obviously electrical classes are not a general study class you get the point. Also there is no harm in being a well rounded person and knowing a lot, you’ll never know when it comes in handy. For all you know it could help you answer the million dollar question on jeopardy.

That may not mean much coming from a junior college dropout who never really cared for school in the first place; put hey I didn’t ask if it did. You aren’t reading this because you asked my opinion but because you wanted to know what I had to say; and dammit that’s what I have to say.

So that’s it for tonight, signing off

No comments:

Post a Comment