Wednesday, January 27, 2010

What is not started today is never finished tomorrow.

So I decided that if I’m going to try and do one of these every day I better learn a little more about blogs, because the first one I wrote was basically my first encounter with one. I looked at a few of the ones my friends have done and it was pretty cool catching up on some stuff they had done. But As I mentioned in my first post I don’t have a lot of friends, and they don’t all have one so it didn’t take me very long to look up. So I decided to look up random ones and have been scanning through them. That ended up being a complete waste of time and found everything I looked at was complete shit. Most of them were just pictures of their (not so) cute babies doing (not so) cute baby things, and commenting on the great accomplishment that little Sarah spilt her cereal all over the floor. This is ok when you aren’t able to see friends and family very often and this is the only way to show off little Timmy. But if you still live in the same neighborhood and see your family regularly there is no need to post that crap. Another great one I stumbled across was a guy whose life probably couldn’t possibly become more worthless. To sum up his long pointless story in just a few sentences, he slept all day so he couldn’t sleep at night. Did a few things to try and keep him occupied and finally went to sleep. Woke up mid afternoon, had sex (probably with his hand) and ate a sandwich. I feel dumber after even just giving the cliff notes on this guys blog! I’m not one to judge so no matter how meaningless and futile I think they are I’m sure that somebody appreciates them. I guess I just want to say that I hope this isn’t what this becomes. If I can’t think of anything worthwhile to say I just won’t say anything at all. Nobody needs to know what time I woke up and which boxers I felt like wearing.
So after that conclusion and still not really having anything on my mind I am going to look out the window until something hits me…… Unfortunately I am in the second floor of a warehouse and the only thing in view is a concrete wall, not very inspirational. Although I don’t know how I just came to this but I was reading on LinkedIn about this guy I know took the business he owned and using it to make an indoor soccer facility. I don’t know the full details about it because if was a very brief bio but I think that’s awesome that he’s pursuing something that he wants and enjoys.
I’m sure everyone has their hopes and dreams of what they want to do in life and then forget about them. I’m a dreamer by far and have all these great ideas of stuff I want to do, but like most people with those aspirations I don’t have the money or the resources for it. So instead of admitting defeat like most people do and bid them farewell I keep those dreams alive and use them for motivation. I don’t keep a false hope and say “if I ever win the lottery I’ll do it” I just stay practical. I work for it piece by piece in hopes that I will eventually complete the puzzle. I was watching a TV show the other day and the dad of the main character (who was a grown man himself) decided to go to Law School because it was what he had always wanted to do. Now I realize this is a fictional story but it had a good point. Most of the population would never consider such a change especially at that age, especially since it would be hard, time consuming, and expensive. I believe if it’s something you really do want to do bad enough that it’s never too late. I’m not really sure where this thought is taking me and I don’t want to sound cliché and say something trite like follow your dreams or anything is possible. I just want to say you don’t have to be the smartest or strongest to do what you want. Rudy played for Notre Dame even though nobody though he could; even if he played in only 1 game he reached his goal. I can’t promise you that just because you do try that you will reach it, but at least you tried and won’t spend the rest of your life being miserable wondering what if. Nobody likes to hear the 60 year old guy talk about how he could have been this or should have done that.
I’m in a peculiar mood right now so I don’t know if anything I just said makes any sense or not. I hope it does because it did in my head. But I’m too lazy to re read this and edit it so I am just going to hope for the best. If anything maybe you can just take your own interpretation on it and get something useful out of it. I’m going to stop here now before I say something about what I ate for lunch

1 comment:

  1. What are your dreams then Jeff?
    I think you make complete sense, and I love that your sharing your deep thoughts with the world, I am sure enjoying them. :)

    ReplyDelete